Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."
~Helen Keller

I love hearts.

                               

 "Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go."  ~Louise Driscoll

                            
(1 1/2 inch squares, fused hearts.)

"Follow your heart, but be quiet for a while first. Ask questions, then feel the answer. Learn to trust your heart." ~Unknown

I'm a sucker for anything heart shaped and I'd be embarrassed to tell you just how many pairs of heart-shaped earrings I own. My daughter gave me the ceramic box below for Christmas. She knows about me and hearts. I think I'll use it for my heart-shaped  jewelry. I made the little red and black heart needle book from a kit I found at my local quilt shop a few years ago.  In case you're wondering, the red "huswife" needle case is a smaller version of the one that's in Remembering Adelia, made without the felt piece for needles. I keep it in my purse and use it for carrying around gift cards or credit cards.


The case opened, so you can see the pockets. These make great little gifts for friends, even friends who don't sew. I've made about 10 of these--they're so simple and sew up rather quickly.


"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely."  ~The Land Before Time

Yes, that's right, I'm quoting the little dinosaur movie, LOL. It happened to be my son's favorite movie when he was about 3 or 4. Loved that movie. We watched it over and over and over . . .  Gave me a lot of free time on the couch when I couldn't get up because of extreme morning sickness before my daughter was born.

"Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angelshine about them and although it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart--even when they are sitting in the mud, or crying temperamental tears, or parading up the street in Mother's best clothes." ~Alan Marshall Beck

"Be careful what you set your heart on, for it will surely be yours."  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Elyte said...

Very pretty things for a sentimental day. I have placed on order for your book Remembering Adelia and look forward to its arrival. Thanks for the inspiration.

antique quilter said...

love the little quilt with the hearts. Ah yes very nice heart box, very cute.
yes we own that movie too , watched it many, many , many times!
hadn't thought about it in years!

Kathleen Tracy said...

I forgot about it too, until I googled heart quotations and it came up. Silly, but it brought back memories.

Terri Smith said...

Absolutely loved the quotes you posted! Hope you have the happiest Valentine's Day ever!

libbyquilter said...

great quotes and a sweet little valentines day quilt too~!!~

happy valentines day
:)
libbyQ

Ineke Original said...

Wow! Just love this!
greetings from Holland,
with love,
Ineke

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails