Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Signs of Our Times

I woke up early today to drive my husband to the train station. What a good wife. He's working downtown this week and taking the train is a lot easier than driving.

Because I don't visit the train station myself too often, I had forgotten about this sign until I saw it again today.


In 1979 my town in Illinois created a "Kissing Zone" and a  "No-Kissing Zone" at the local train station in response to complaints about traffic jams at the station caused by couples taking too long to kiss their goodbyes at the drop-off point. Seriously, LOL.


They were probably all newlyweds. I wasn't living here then but I'm pretty sure I would have been one of the cars honking at the kissers. I heard that the UK has now created their own no-kissing signs.



I don't have anything quilting related to talk about, other than my new DOLL QUILT CLUB  which some of you may have heard about before on this blog, LOL. So I got to thinking about funny signs and thought I'd entertain you with a few others I spotted recently that are near and dear to my heart. This one is especially relevant lately . . .



Cafe Press has some of the best signs and many of these sayings can be found on t-shirts, bags or mugs.




 Have a good week! Maybe I'll get motivated and clean my house!

16 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like a might have to take a visit to the local station to see these new UK signs. I will post if I see one.
I wonder if singles stand there hoping that someone will come along.

Hubertine said...

I also dreamed my house was cleaned...and then I wake up....Tomorrow ....I will start .....or the day after tomorrow..;o)

Linda said...

Too funny....your post and Sue's 'wonder'!!! I'm not sure if my house will ever be clean again. Reading blogs is way too addictive!

Beckyjean said...

Love the signs. Have a wonderful week.

Hugs~Becky

Karen said...

Thanks for making me laugh today.

Sandra Henderson said...

Cleaning house is a VICIOUS INFINITE REGRESS!!

I love your post! :)

Deb said...

I dream every day about having a clean house. Never happens though! I think that all those signs are great! My son is going off to college after this coming year. I see a fabric closet in my future! LOL

Frances Leate said...

The signs are really great - thanks for giving me a laugh today!!

May Britt said...

Just love the signs :)

Katell from France said...

Thanks for the laugh, always welcome !
My home is upside down with my 2 girls just coming back home, the cars full of their stuff after 1 year living far away... Clean house ? In september maybe, children away again. So I try not to care too much, I love when all my children are all home, despite the things everywhere...

Lori said...

I've never heard of a no kissing zone!! Too funny!!

Kathleen Tracy said...

Yes, haven't you heard? All of us in Illinois are very, very passionate--we need signs to calm us down, LOL.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the smile Kathleen. The signs are just great. I keep dreaming about a clean house, maybe tomorrow.....

Carin said...

Beautiful signs. I had a good laugh about them. Thanks for sharing.
hugs from the Netherlands

AnneElizablog said...

Kathy, I just finished the first doll quilt from the club. Visit AnneElizablog.blogspot.com to see a picture. I love the way it turned out - thanks!

Judy said...

I just found your blog and enjoyed reading the past couple of months. The train station in the above photo looked familiar..... I live in Lincolnshire during the winter/IN during the summer. Small world.

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails