Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, Book News!



I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! So much to be thankful for. Thanks to all of you who have supported me so much over the years through this blog, my books and clubs and my small quilt groups so I can do what I love and hopefully pass some inspiration along to you. You are all very special to me and I'm grateful for the many friends I've made on my quilting journey. 


*  *  *
Great news! I have it on good authority (UPS tracking) that boxes of my new book - Small & Scrappy - will be here very, very soon. I may even have my copies before November is over, barring any weather delays. (Look for me in the street in the next few days, flagging down all the UPS trucks that drive past the house. . . .) This means I will get books out to those of you who ordered from me as soon as possible. How exciting! It's been such a long time since I had a new book out so this one is very special to me and I am very grateful to everyone who helped make it possible. I hope you all are as excited as I am to see it up close. Thanks again for all the orders. 




After you have it in your hands, I hope you become inspired to make some of the projects. They're all simple and sweet and stitch up fairly quickly. If you see me around, however, please don't ask  - "So, what's next??" I hate that, especially coming right after a book I've worked on long and hard has just been "birthed." I've made quite a lot of quilts and designed quite a few patterns this year for the book and recent doll quilt club. It's been a very busy time for me, keeping up with everything. My family and home often get neglected when I'm this preoccupied with quilting and promoting a new book. This is what's next: I'm going to take a little break after the book is released, slow down, recharge, take it easy and enjoy the holidays (and maybe clean up a bit. Hah, we'll see about that!). 

There'll be more fun next year. I'm looking forward to having you join me in doing challenges in my small quilt groups to make a quilt from the book every other month beginning in January. (Every other month this time to allow for some other small quilt challenges in between.) We've also got plans to hold some fun events and swaps -  maybe even another signature block swap. I hope some of you participate and have fun making more small quilts with us. Also, some of you have asked and I promise I will finish that pattern for the Coffee Cups quilt and make it available. Soon. Gotta eat turkey and then more turkey and sign those books first.



A very Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you Kathleen. Thankful for your inspiring, beautiful blog,.

carol jo said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. I can't wait to get my hands on the new book.

Monique D (B-Maransart) said...

Happy Thanksgiging.
Je suis contente de voir que ton nouveau livre sera bientôt chez toi.
En ce qui me concerne, je l'ai commandé via Amazon.be afin d'éviter les frais de port mais il ne me sera livré qu'en mars prochain. J'attends avec impatience.
Amicalement

Susan said...

Since I live overseas, I've pre-ordered the Kindle version of your book from Amazon.com. Can't wait till it comes!

Debra said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kathleen. I just took a break from all the cooking, and I was happy to see your post. I plan to have a free day tomorrow for left-overs and possibly some peaceful stitching!

sue bennett said...

I'm looking forward to the new book. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sue McQ said...

Kathy
Grateful our paths have crossed
Blessings to you and your family

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful day with family. Can't wait to get "Small and Scrappy". I am very thankful for all you do and your a huge inspiration to me:) My husband Mark and myself, will be coming to Bill and Karen's sale Saturday. Really looking forward to spending some time with them this weekend.

Jennifer M

Ann in PA said...

Kathy, That's great news! I can't wait to hold that beautiful book of small quilts in my hands. You certainly deserve a break, no deadlines, no stress. Enjoy the upcoming holiday season with your family. I'm looking forward to another creative year of fun and quilting with our SQT friends. Blessings!

marian said...

Kathy, I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your family and all that delicious fare!
That's wonderful news about your book release.. not long now!
It has indeed been a very busy year for you, so go have a well deserved break and enjoy doing whatever brings you joy :))

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails